Because your garbage disposal is not out in plain sight, you often fail to realize how important it is until it no longer works. A properly functioning disposal produces a more sanitary kitchen and aids in quick cleanup. Rick’s Plumbing Service provides garbage disposal repair, garbage disposal installation and garbage disposal service to homeowners who are eager to get back to cooking in a more efficient kitchen.
Experienced Garbage Disposal Installation Services
At some point, you will have to replace your garbage disposal. When that happens, you can always expect the following from Rick’s Plumbing Service:
- Affordable pricing. Unplanned garbage disposal repairs and installation can cause stress and frustration. At Rick’s Plumbing Service, we aim to relieve any anxiety that you may feel by offering fair prices and removing the trip charge.
- Fast and efficient garbage disposal service. Time is a commodity that Rick’s Plumbing Service technicians will never let go to waste. They have the courtesy to call you at least half an hour before they arrive so you don’t have to rearrange your important schedule to wait around for a plumber all day.
- Certified garbage disposal service technicians. Accurate garbage disposal installation and care is crucial in order to maintain a properly working system. Our technicians are certified to install it right the first time, and correctly instruct you on how to care for the unit week after week.
- Emergency service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Emergencies happen and they are rarely convenient. Call us any time, night or day, and we will turn your nightmare into a pleasurable and professional experience.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
In order to prevent frequent repairs and interruption of your disposal usage, Rick’s Plumbing Service is pleased to teach you how to lengthen the life of your unit with approachable home remedies. Keep your garbage disposal functioning like new with the following maintenance recommendations:
- Once a month, pour boiling water down the drain. Oils, greases and fats that are rinsed down the sink may build up within the disposal. Over time, the fats will congeal and obstruct your disposal’s ability to grind. It may also clog the drains and disposal trap, resulting in a costly and unnecessary garbage disposal repair. The boiling water will liquefy the fats and encourage them down the drain. As a rule of thumb, always prevent pouring any types of grease, oil or fats down the drain in order to preserve the integrity of your garbage disposal as well as your pipes.
- Grind citrus peels in the disposal to maintain a fresher smelling unit. Because food waste is constantly running through the disposal, tiny food particles will accumulate in the unit over time and begin to smell as they break down. The peels of lemons, limes and oranges will release pleasant smelling oils that can combat any foul odors.
- Pour liquid soap and ice cubes in the disposal to break down and remove built-up residue. The soap and ice cubes will work together to scour the scum inside the grind chamber and help clean the walls of the garbage disposal. The ice will eventually melt and simply pass down the drain. Furthermore, the shards of ice can actually sharpen the blades and more effectively break down organic matter that is put in the disposal. This should be completed once or twice a month.
At Rick’s Plumbing Service, our technicians will arrive on time and will perform all work to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Our trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you would like to schedule a service appointment, click here or you can call us at 817-558-9093.
Ricks Plumbing Service specializes in residential and commercial plumbing services. Family-owned and operated since 1999, we have built our reputation on over a decade of superior customer care and expert service. With quality, reliability and efficiency always in mind, Ricks Plumbing Service is committed to providing outstanding service and quality work.